Pinnacle Volleyball Academy
Located in Bucks County, PA
~Elevate your game to the next level~
COLLEGE RECRUITING RESOURCES
~It isn't about the club name on your jersey, rather it is the work you are willing to put in to accomplish your goals~
Playing volleyball in college doesn't just mean you have to be a Division 1 level recruit, it means you want to continue playing the game you love at the next level. If you are serious about playing at the next level, it involves more than just playing good volleyball or because you play for a specific club.
As you can see, the process can seem overwhelming, but Pinnacle Volleyball Academy is here to help. With our small club feel, we pay attention to the individual needs of each of our players. Unlike bigger clubs, you aren't just a number. We care about each of our players and their goals.
With several Division 2 college coaches involved in our program, we also have knowledge of the recruiting process and what it takes to get to the place you want to be. Don't fall for the false pressures from clubs that insist they are the only way to play in college.
Please see a few friendly tips and feel free to make use of the resources below!
RECRUITING QUICK TIPS:
1) Know what you are looking for! Each player should think about what division they prefer to play in, what type of school environment, academics and even the coach. Most importantly, make sure you understand the aims of the of the team and make sure they line up with your own wants and desires.
2) If you are serious about playing at the next level, you need to make it clear to coaches that you'll be an asset to their program. Don't just copy and paste, make each contact personable and tell them why you want to play for them. Show your personality and passion for the sport you love.
3) Much like club volleyball, the relationship between the player and coach is critical. Take the time to get to know them and make sure it is a good fit for the type of player and person you are. Don't be afraid to ask questions!
4) Know what coaches are looking for. Coaches are looking for more than just volleyball skills, they want the total package of energy, leadership, determination, competitiveness and drive. Look into camps or prospect days at the schools where there is mutual interest.
5) Be proactive. Coaches appreciate forward communication and clear interest. Don't expect coaches to come to you. This may require reaching out multiple times. Remember, you aren't the only player reaching out. (hint- if you don't receive an e-mail response, try a phone call)
6) Go to the college website and find the college recruiting questionnaire if they have one. This is an important guide for coaches at the school looking for specific players and positions
6 ) Be Enthusiastic!